Heading to College? Here's Why You Should Consider Extended Stay Housing vs. an Apartment
Heading to college is an adventure, and like any adventure, comes with its own challenges. Along with registering for courses, applying for scholarships, traveling to your new college, and paying tuition costs comes a very basic, very important question: Where will you stay while you’re studying? Traditional types of living arrangements for students are expensive and often crowded. WoodSpring Suites provides an alternative to traditional college housing options: an extended stay hotel.
Extended Stay Hotels for Students
Here’s one of the lesser-known college tips: when looking for student housing, consider an extended stay hotel. Unlike “regular” hotels, an extended-stay hotel offers long-term accommodation with weekly and monthly rates often lower than the price of renting an apartment or squeezing into a dorm room. Here’s why extended stay hotels make great living arrangements for college students:
- Your own bathroom and kitchen. You can rent a suite with a full bathroom and a kitchen with a stovetop, full fridge, and microwave to make healthy meals like these easy microwave recipes. As for your own bathroom, well, let’s just say you’ll be the envy of any friends forced to use a dorm communal shower room.
- Skip the roommate. You don’t need a roommate to afford an extended stay hotel.
- Simply clean. WoodSpring hotel staff adhere to a Simply Clean program, so the facility is always safe and clean. You’re responsible for keeping your own room unless you prefer to pay a little extra to have staff help with cleaning.
- Furnished rooms. With extended stay hotels, there’s no need to buy furniture (furnishing an apartment is an expensive proposition). A WoodSpring suite comes with beds, a desk or table for eating and studying, and chairs. The room also includes a flat-screen television with free cable and at least one specialty channel.
- Free Wi-Fi! Just set up your laptop or tablet and you’ll be able to research and study online.
- Easy access to laundry rooms. Woodspring’s laundry rooms are clean, and many allow you to pay using debit cards (a real bonus when loose change is hard to find).
- No lease. With an extended stay hotel, you can pay month by month and leave whenever you want. With no lease and no need to transport furniture, you can move back home for summer with a minimal amount of hassle.
- Quiet environment. One of the most important college tips for dorm life is to find a quiet location for studying because dorms are notoriously noisy. Extended stay hotels offer quiet locations where you can focus on your studies.
With so many advantages, it’s no surprise many students are choosing WoodSpring extended-stay hotels for student housing. Affordable, clean and quiet, and often located close to colleges, WoodSpring Suites locations offer an excellent alternative to the expense of apartment renting and the cramped chaos of dorm life!